Help > New Features by Date
New features are periodically added to Voo2do. This page is updated each time we add a feature.
Features Added 24 January 2010
- SSL encryption will now be active for login, registration, and password-handling pages.
Features Added 8 January 2010
- When moving a project or collaborator between contexts, that project's/collaborator's tasks are also moved from the old context into the new one.
- Fixed email handling so project names are properly extracted when emailing an address like (firstname.lastname@example.org). (bug fix)
Features Added 8 December 2009
- This is a major new beta of Voo2do with wide-ranging updates. The most important ones are listed below.
- instant save - no more clicking the save button
- expanding description column - more room for big screens
- improved email handler - accepts most language encodings and HTML mail
- new user interface elements - new calendar widget, notes dialog box, and context organizer
- many little fixes and improvements - and, we hope, not too many new bugs!
Features Added 29 August 2008
- Voo2do is over 3 years old!
- Several minor bugs were fixed.
- Added help documentation on moving a project between contexts.
- Removed all ads and affiliate search boxes.
Features Added 18 October 2006
- New logo!
- Ability to hide and rearrange (drag and drop) contexts on the dashboard.
- Display of priorities on the dashboard.
- Added a timer () button to track elapsed time for a task as you work.
- Option to hide notes for completed tasks on the dashboard and notes tab.
- Extra "Save" button at the bottom of task lists.
- New button style that highlights keyboard shortcuts for adding a task or saving tasks.
- Backup and restore now includes notes, not just tasks.
- API now includes getting notes with tasks.
- Bug fixes on public task lists:
- show person assignment (if any)
- for published contexts, properly include tasks moved individually into the context
- You can now select (no context) in the context selection drop-down box to view tasks or projects that have no context assigned.
Features Added 5 April 2006
- Renamed views to contexts, and added ability to assign a task into a specific context.
- Inactivation (and reactivation) of contexts and projects makes it easier to get old stuff out of the way.
- Support for D/M/Y and Y-M-D date formats, in addition to M/D/Y.
- Ability to edit (not just add and delete) notes.
- Task-specific menu (click on ).
- Notes button now opens in a simulated window rather than an actual new browser window, making this interface operation faster on many browsers.
- Initial collaboration support, including ability to assign tasks to a person and to publish tasks for public viewing.
- New Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
Features Added 19 Sep 2005
- Autocompletion feature for the project entry box. Now when you reuse an
existing project, you don't have to type the whole name:
- Add tasks by email: now you can add a task from your email client, mobile phone, or any email-capable device.
- Set your preferred time zone: a much-requested feature for our non-Eastern-US users.
- Backup & restore tasks: download all your tasks, in a simple XML format, so you have a backup in the unlikely event that my server is abducted by aliens.
- Printable task lists: all tasks lists now allow
easy printing, with a printer-friendly layout that appears in a new page:
- Additions to the API: getCompleteTasks and getAllTasks methods.
- Indulgent UI feature: smooth scrolling when paging through tasks in the dashboard.
- Um, this page right here is new!